Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Paula Vogel (How I Learned to Drive) tells the deeply moving story of the controversial 1923 Broadway debut of Jewish playwright Sholem Asch’s God of Vengeance – a play about a forbidden romance that enchanted and outraged audiences. Inspired by true events of censorship and persecution, Indecent is the ultimate love-letter to theater, as the play uses joyous song and dance to revel in one of the most fascinating scandals in theater history. Spanning continents and decades, Indecent charts the journey of a drama upheld as a groundbreaking piece of Jewish literature by some, and an act of obscenity by others.
- Andres MaldonadoThe Ingenue (Avram)
- Alaggio FarinoThe Stage Manager (Lemml)
- Taylor HawkerThe Middle (Mendel)
- Liberty Leeds KlautschThe Middle (Halina)
- Mike CronenThe Elder (Otto)
- Joy HaynesThe Elder (Vera)
- Carly OppieThe Ingenue (Chana)